Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Happy Hubby

They always say the a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. When it comes to my hubby that couldn't be more true. Recently, I spread my cooking wings and gave my hand a try at cooking some of food that my husband considers comfort food. Being from the Philippians Chicken Adobo is a staple food. According to him,his family would eat Chicken Adobo once a week. Lucky for him, besides the fact that I like to make him happy, I also LOVE chicken Adobo.  So after looking on the internet I found a pretty simple recipe that I thought I would try out. I didn't make a lot of it, in case it was a bust and didn't taste anything like his or my expectations. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, it was awesome and hubby was eating of my plate! I have made this once or twice since the first time I made it because it was so good and incredibly easy. Trust me this is a dish anyone would love!


Here is what you will need:

  •   Chicken wingettes as many as you want to eat (or any meat pieces. I also used pieces of pork, but hubby says his family uses any pieces of meat they have handy. Adobo just refers to the sauce and way it is cooked.)
  • 1 whole garlic chopped
  • 1 tsp of black pepper
  •  4-5 whole black pepper corns
  • 3-4 bay leaves
  • 1 cup of vinegar (white distilled)
  • 1 cup of soy sauce ( my in-laws say Kikkonman is the best brand)
  • 1 cup of Sprite
  • 1 lemon cut in fours
  • oil for sauteing 

   Now the steps to deliciousness:
Heat oil in a pot and chop garlic. Add chopped garlic to pot and saute/cook until lightly brown.
  Meanwhile, clean chicken, pat dry and rub with a lemon.
  Place chicken in the pot and cook 5-7 minutes until tenderized.
  Then add vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, black pepper corns, and bay leaves to the pot and let simmer
  for about  25-30 minutes.
                

    After 25- 30 minutes add the Sprite and simmer for 5 more minutes. ( This is to take some of the bitterness out of dish).

  Mabuting pagkain (good eating in Tagalog)! Serve over rice and enjoy!

*recipe adapted from here


1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! Sounds easy to make but a bit spicy, for me!!

    ReplyDelete